We're here to help.
The Santa Barbara County Department of Social Services provides protective and supportive services aimed at keeping individuals and families in our community safe, supported and self-sufficient.
What can we help you with?
What would you like to do?
Did you know?
- Need affordable health insurance for 2017? Visit Covered California at coveredca.com to choose your coverage during Open Enrollment, from November 1, 2016 to January 31, 2017.
- Since May 2016, children under 19 are eligible for full-scope Medi-Cal regardless of immigration status, as long as the household meets the income standards. See our Medi-Cal page to learn more.
- Retired and looking to boost your food budget? It's worth applying for
even if you only qualify for the minimum monthly benefit. See this
to find out why.
- Can't get to our office? We hold office hours (outstations) at many other locations on a regular schedule. Find out when we'll be in your neighborhood on our Contact Us page.
- Need help but not sure where to turn? Dial 211 or visit www.211santabarbaracounty.org for help finding services: health care, child care, domestic abuse support, counseling and more.
The materials and information contained on or obtained from this website, are distributed and transmitted “as is” without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation, warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Information contained on this website, including information obtained from external links thereon, is provided without any representation of any kind as to accuracy or content and should be verified by the user. The County of Santa Barbara is not responsible for any special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages that may arise from the use of, or the inability to use, the website and/or the materials contained on the site whether the materials contained on the website are provided by the County Santa Barbara or a third party.